We currently have no open calls for artists. Please check back with us periodicly about opportunities to work with Arizona Pro Arte, or if you have a specific project in mind, send us an email!
Call for Artists- Exhibition and Live Demonstration
Arizona Pro Arte announces a two-part open call for artists to exhibit their work during our season-opening event on September 21st, 2012. The title of the event is “PROMETHEUS: The Origin of the Arts.” This event is a chamber orchestra concert combined with an exhibition exploring the visual arts. As such, this open call covers all artistic disciplines: painting, ink and paper, sculpting, photography, metal works, computer generated works, video installations, etc. on any subject. There is no fee for exhibiting at this event.
Part 1: Exhibition
The exhibition will be held before the concert, during intermission and after the concert. Selected artists will display their works in an area 6 linear feet long by 3 linear feet wide. If an artist requires more room for the display of a specific work or works, s/he will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis decided by Arizona Pro Arte’s Artistic Director or other designated individual. Artists may display as many works as they choose in their allotted space. The majority of the exhibition will occur indoors in the lobby, in adjacent rooms and in the performance space unless an artist has works that are deemed by the artist themselves to be “heat resilient” (for example, metal works) in which case, they may be placed around the outdoor entrances to the performance venue.
Part 2: Live Demonstration
Three to six artists will be chosen to create a new piece/pieces of art live during the second half of the concert. The chosen artists’ creations will be based on the musical performance lasting approximately 25 minutes. Since this is occurring during the musical performance, the artists selected will be limited to creating art which makes little to no sound (for example: painting, drawing, etc… no welding/grinding/jackhammers). The artists will begin when the music begins and stop when the music ends.
Artists must submit examples of their work for consideration via email to:. Submitted samples do not necessarily have to be the work(s) artists intend to exhibit but should demonstrate their style and medium to give the judges an idea of what the artist would bring artistically to this event.
In your email for consideration, be sure to include:
- Your name
- Copies of your work
- If you are applying for the Exhibition, the Live Demonstration, or both
Application deadline is August 31st, 2012. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
All applicants will be notified of the results no later than September 5th, 2012.
Selected Artists Information
If selected, please note:
- There is no fee for exhibiting at this event.
- Artists are responsible for all setup and teardown at the event. Due to the nature of the walls in the exhibition area, wall hanging is not available. Artists will need to bring any materials needed to display their work including but not limited to easels, podiums, platforms, extension cables, etc.
- Artists are responsible for the security of their artwork. We will have volunteers on hand but cannot/will not be held liable for any damage/theft/other that may occur during the event.
- Spaces at the event are assigned on a rolling basis on the day of the event with the following exceptions: 1. previously mentioned “heat resilient” works 2. electrical needs 3. prior agreements due to space concerns. 4. prior agreements due to special case presentations which significantly enhance the overall event.
- Artists are allowed to bring publicity material for distribution.
- If artists requires electricity for their work, please notify us as soon as possible so that we may take that into consideration in display placement.
Sale of works
All artists are allowed to sell any works they bring to the event. Ten percent of the selling price will be paid to Az Pro Arte.
All artists selected will receive complimentary admission to the concert.
Selected artists will be listed as a “Collaborative Artist” with Arizona Pro Arte on our website with links to their personal sites for the duration of the season.
Day of Event Information
September 21st, 2012
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church
Artist setup begins at 6:00pm
Artist setup complete at 6:30pm
Exhibition opens at 6:45pm
Concert begins at 7:30pm
Concert ends approximately 9pm
Artist tear down to begin approximately 20 minutes after concert concludes.